понедельник, 20 октября 2008 г.

do blind people dream




I went to the Lloydapos;s Party on Thursday night. I try to get out once a year, so it was nice to get this yearapos;s out of the way before Christmas. The evening was only slightly spoilt by one ex-employee of ours, now at a rival, who seemed to think that a Lloydapos;s party was an excuse to try to sell advertising. I would say that it was almost embarrassing, but sales people do not understand the concept of the word.

On the way home I was reading my Neal Stephenson, glancing up as one does to see how much progress had been made to oneapos;s destination station, when I suddenly noticed that we had pulled into Lewisham. I scrambled off the crwded train, bashing one poor bloke on the head as I stood up and stepping on another poor womanapos;s toes, leapt on to the platform, folowed the crowd out of the strangely redesigned station, and suddenly found myself in New Cross.

Fuck.

I had forgotten that trains that go straight through to Lewisham during the day often stop at New Cross in the later evening.

So, I went for a little trudge towards Loampit Vale, waited for a bus, and arrived home just 15 minutes or so late, so I guess the whole thing qualifies as an adventure rather than a disaster.

+++++++++++++

One of my greatest joys in the past couple of weeks was stacking off a nut-peddler, when favourite. Achieving this (when you are favourite) is on a par with deciphering a recently rediscovered ancient language. Unfortunately it came shortly after I myself had been stacked off with Aces. There was no escape from this because opponent hit his two-outer on the turn.

Anyhoo, I called a not very big raise with 22 in the big blind, and was pleased to see a flop of 227 with a couple of hearts. This is an obvious candidate for a small "bluff" lead out, which elicited a call from opponent (this guy only raised with big pairs, so I havenapos;t discovered anything I didnapos;t already know about his hand). Turn brought an Ace. I put in a half-pot bet and opponent gleefully raised a significant amount, I mini-reraised and he insta-shoved with AA. Oh, bad luck, sir.

______________
do blind people dream, do blind people dream in color, do blind people have dreams, do blind people hear better.



Комментариев нет: